In this Tech Talk, Sebastian Igreti explores the top five features within Microsoft 365 that your business needs to know to defend itself from growing security threats and improve its productivity. Let’s dive in!
- #1 – Online Protection With Exchange Online Protection, you get an email filtering service that guards you from malware hiding in emails and attachments. This also comes with ATP or Advanced Threat Protection, a cloud-based solution that monitors and pinpoints cybersecurity threats lurking in your inbox.
- #2 – Mobile Device Management Mobile Management is a feature that contains a Bring Your Own Device Policy, which lets your employees use their own devices to access company data. Your team members can work on their personal phones, laptops, or tablets while connecting to company files without the worry of getting breached. This gives your company the convenience to work flexibly while getting a robust security perimeter.
- #3 – Built-In Security Features With Azure Information Protection, you can control who can access sensitive content housed in documents and emails, while blocking outside users. Also, files like spreadsheets or Word docs containing information like credit cards and social security numbers are kept from being shared with Data Loss Prevention.
- #4 – Windows 10 Pro Windows 7 is approaching its end of life, which means that in 2020, support will be lost and it’ll be time to move to the latest system. So included with Microsoft 365 is an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. This also gives you Windows Autopilot which ensures that new devices are business-ready right out of the box and contain apps installed from the cloud.
- #5 – Microsoft Teams Finally, Microsoft 365 for Business comes with Microsoft Teams, a communication tool that allows you to collaborate with coworkers via phone calls, meetings and individual or group chats. It’s available on PC, Mac, phones, and tablets, giving you the convenience to connect and collaborate from wherever you are.
In conclusion, Microsoft 365 is packaged with all the applications you need for effective IT security and helps your company’s success with great productivity tools. So feel free to reach out to us as you explore how Microsoft 365 can benefit your organization!
TechMD is an award-winning IT services firm that specializes in managed IT services in Orange County and Los Angeles, managed cybersecurity, cloud solutions, and strategic IT consulting. We are passionate about bringing enterprise-level productivity, scalability, and security to small and medium businesses.